Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Youtube Assignment: Foiled your plan


After viewing the video I think the same I thought before. Technology is important in the classroom. I took a class last year that taught me the importance of including technology so I already planned to use it as much as possible. I agree that students should be taught how to use all the resources available to them. I think it will help students to embrace learning and even learn to love learning. I love to learn how to cook something new because I love that experience of learning how to do something new. But I especially love doing it within my own interest of cooking and baking. The internet and technology is an area of interest to the students and they should be encouraged to try new things within that area. 




                                         



I know this video doesn't really do much other than teach the lesson, but I feel like it shows my students that there are resources online they can tap into. I honestly never thought to search for a video for math until college and I grew up a computer geek. I just feel like It would be beneficial for my students to see that they can find homework help online as well. I also feel like this is an honest example of the kind of way I would use Youtube in the classroom.

I would likely post videos like this that review content we covered in class once a week or however often I feel necessary. It would be fun to play a video like this in class as well every once in a while because the students get to be taught the same material in a different way from a different teacher. I think that is a valuable thing. It will also help shake up the monotony of day to day class time.

1 comment:

  1. Posting videos such as the one posted on your site can be very beneficial to your students. I do not have a blog for my students but a teacher site where assignments, announcements, and grades are posted. On this site I post videos I have found that relate to the material we are discussing in class. They are often short teaching videos, like the one you posted here, to provide extra help for students. It can often help to hear the material from someone else or a second time. Brightstorm videos are excellent and they actually charge to view them now through the site, but they can be found on YouTube as well.

    ReplyDelete